Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rep. Ryan Mopping Up

This video's been making the rounds:



It prompted a couple of thoughts:
  1. Are Katrina vander Huevel and that first guy the hosts of this show? Katrina vander Huevel is, of course, an editor at the Nation, so obviously she is liberal. The other guy seems pretty liberal too. I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess I thought the point of having two hosts of a debate show was to get two different perspectives.
  2. It's good to a see a sharp informed congressman. It's usually so very painful to listen to Congressmen speak.
  3. How is health care equal to health insurance? You can, in fact, buy health care without insurance. I know; I've done it.
  4. I really like How Ryan calls out vander Heuvel on her inconsistency. "Competition is at the heart of America," she says, but then she favors "single payer" government healthcare with no competition. Complete the sylogism: the heart of America is competition. vander Heuvel opposes competition. vander Heuvel _____________________ America.

No comments: