Thursday, August 9, 2012

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2012/08/human_capitalis.html

One last comment that probably won't be very helpful, but I want to get it off my chest: When I see the hard work and positive attitude of the typical immigrant, I find it very hard to sympathize with the problems of the American working class. The so-called American poor are born with so many advantages, but they squander them through their own bad attitude and irresponsible behavior. Yes, in a welfare state the problems of my country's working class are my problem. But that makes me want to *attack* the welfare state, not expand it to help undeserving Americans even more. The people we should be worrying about are immigrants and would-be immigrants who can't even legally accept a job offer, not Americans who can't bother showing up to work on time.

No comments: