Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Althouse: "Don’t get me wrong: I love a nice bouncy rack. And if a show has something smart to say about sex, bring it on."

Althouse: "Don’t get me wrong: I love a nice bouncy rack. And if a show has something smart to say about sex, bring it on.": "I was reading those 2 things this morning after getting halfway through the second episode last night. I'd watched episode 1 in it's entirety a few days before. I'd noticed the critical attention the show was getting, and Matthew McConaughey had just won the Oscar, so I gave it a chance. Why did I stop midway through episode 2? It wasn't the sex. It was the mumbling. Between McConaughey and the other guy who looks too much like him (Woody Harrelson), it was way too much 2 guys mumbling. This show could not fill the aching gap left by "Breaking Bad," which we watched, all 60 episodes in just about exactly 60 days. In "Breaking Bad," not only was it easy to tell Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston apart, but the 2 actors frequently spoke quite clearly."



'via Blog this'

No comments: