Monday, June 9, 2014

About That High-Quality Insurance, David Henderson | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

About That High-Quality Insurance, David Henderson | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty: "Went to my doctor today for my annual exam. Here's how my conversation went.



Receptionist: Mrs. X, I am sorry to inform you that the doctor is no longer taking Blue Cross/Covered CA.



ME: Oh really and why is that?



Receptionist:The doctors have not been able to negotiate a fee with Blue Cross. Blue Cross wants to pay less than what MediCal [MediCal is the name for California's Medicare] pays the doctor. I'm sorry you will have to pay the out of network price.(Full Price)



ME: Then what do we have insurance for?



Receptionist: There are very few doctors that "



'via Blog this'

No comments: