Sunday, February 12, 2012

Samuel L. Jackson -- I Voted for Barack Obama Because He's Black | TMZ.com

Samuel L. Jackson -- I Voted for Barack Obama Because He's Black | TMZ.com: " "I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn't mean [bleep] to me." "

'via Blog this'

Generally, I would say that race is a horrible way to pick a president. But Here's the thing. Part of Romney's appeal to me is that he's Mormon. Isn't that kind of the same thing?

2 comments:

Brett said...

As much as we'd like it to be otherwise, I think Jackson is pretty much right.

Ryan said...

For me, Mitt being Mormon tells me something about his character. It also gives me an indication of which "lines in the sand" he will be willing to draw. So, I think that there is a difference: Mitt's Mormonism gives me some insight into what Kind of president Mitt will be.

Arguably, being black tells you nothing other than skin color. It is genetic, and has nothing to do with a person's choices or belief. But I guess you could argue that race tell you some similar things. Like, there are probably some presumptions you can make about a black president's views about race. And generally, blacks favor the welfare state and big government.