George Zimmerman Probably Won't Be Convicted of Murder or Manslaughter -- Here's Why - ABC News: "I certainly sympathize with the anger and frustration of the Martin family and doubt that a jury will accept the entirety of George Zimmerman's account as credible. But based on the legal standard and evidence presented by prosecutors it is difficult to see how jurors find proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't self defense."
'via Blog this'
We've had a number of these cases now where Al Sharpton-like characters have imposed a racial template to claim that a person is getting away with something (in Zimmerman case, literally murder) because the victim is black. Almost all of these claims have been discredited.
(1) Tawana Brawley's claim that she was raped by police did not convince a grand jury.
(2) Sharpton's claim that the prosecutor was one of the rapists was the subject of a civil suit for defamation, which the prosecutor won. (maybe this is double counting, and should be thought of as part of (1) above)
(3) The DNA evidence makes O. J. Simpson's defense team's claim that he was innocent and only prosecuted because of racist cops, very unlikely.
(4) The case that the white, privileged Duke Lacrosse players raped the black stripper fell apart when the finger players all had air-tight alibis.*
(5) The best evidence now indicates that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense.
The only one of these that I can think of that may have had merit is Rodney King's case that the police used excessive force.
Am I leaving relevant cases out?
*Yes there was--the Duke Lacrosse case.