Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Teresa Heinz Kerry: Ever the Loose Cannon


Teresa_Heinz_Kerry
Originally uploaded by RHarris.

I suppose I pick on Democrats a lot. But really all I ever do is quote them when they accidentally reveal themselves. And, yes, I do realize that there are some republican nuts as well. But Alan Keys is on the fringe of the party not in the mainsteam.

When I quote Dems, I'm not making an argument about Democrats based on some obscure congressman from Vermont. Thus far I've only quoted the nonsense of Howard Dean, the newly elected leader of the Democratic Party; Robert Byrd, the most senior senator in the senate (I believe); and now Teresa Heinz Kerry, the Democratic almost-first lady. One would hope these very prominent Democratic figures are somewhat reflective of the party as a whole.

So here is the latest wisdom from THK:

COUNTING THE VOTES: Heinz Kerry is openly skeptical about results from
November's election, particularly in sections of the country where optical
scanners were used to record votes.

"Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States," Heinz Kerry said. She identified both as "hard-right" Republicans. She argued that it is "very easy to hack into the mother machines."

"We in the United States are not a banana republic," added Heinz Kerry. She argued that Democrats should insist on "accountability and transparency" in how votes are tabulated.

"I fear for '06," she said. "I don't trust it the way it is right now."

No comments: