Monday, November 8, 2010

Decision Points - Politics - msnbc.com

Decision Points - Politics - msnbc.com: "LAUER: About a week after the storm hit NBC aired a telethon asking for help for the victims of KatrinAa.� We had celebrities coming in to ask for money.� And I remember it vividly 'cause I hosted it.� And at one part of the evening I introduced Kanye West.� Were you watching?
BUSH: Nope.
LAUER: You remember what he said?
BUSH: Yes, I do.� He called me a racist.
LAUER: Well, what he said, 'George Bush doesn't care about black people.'
BUSH: That's, “ he's a racist”.� And I didn't appreciate it then. �I don't appreciate it now.� It's one thing to say, you know, 'I don't appreciate the way he's-- handles his business.'� It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.'� I resent it.� It's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency."

No comments: