Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Decision Points - Politics - msnbc.com

Decision Points - Politics - msnbc.com: "LAUER: Let's get to the picture that we may have seen more of you (laughter) in the last couple years of your Presidency than any other picture.� You're sitting in Air Force One, flying back toward Washington.� You fly right over New Orleans and you look out the window.
BUSH: Yes.� Huge mistake.
LAUER: Yeah, it made you look so out of touch.
BUSH: Detached and uncaring.� No question about it.� And--
LAUER: Whose fault was it?
BUSH: It's always my fault.� I should have touched down in Baton Rouge, met with the governor, and, you know, walked out and said, 'I hear you.'� I mean, 'We know.� We understand.� And we're gonna, you know, help the state and help the locals, governments with as much resources as needed.'� And-- and then got back on a flight up to Washington.� I did not do that and paid a price for it."

No comments: