Friday, February 11, 2011

I Agree--Romney is Toast

Commentary » Blog Archive » Mitt Romney as Presidential Candidate: "I know Romney thinks he can get away with saying there’s a difference between an individual mandate at the state level and one at the federal level, and that might technically be true, but it’s not true when it comes to the conceptual origins of the policy. Plus, it’s sophistry.

To be completely honest, I can’t understand why on earth he is even bothering to run. This isn’t an albatross. It’s a two-ton weight chained to his torso, and he’s not Houdini."

2 comments:

Brett said...

I find that Romney comes across too polished and a bit insincere in interviews/speeches.

Ryan said...

The GOP is going to do everything it can to make sure Obamacare is front and center going into this next election because it's so unpopular. But the sad truth is the most unpopular part--the mandate--is right out of Romney's playbook.

I used to think Romney was a conservative convert, but now I feel like he's willing to say most anything to get elected.But that could be because my views have shifted. These days I tend to think politicians are a product of the incentives they face rather than actual principled convictions.