Thursday, June 28, 2012

Paul Begala: Damn you, John Roberts for Upholding Obamacare - The Daily Beast

Paul Begala: Damn you, John Roberts for Upholding Obamacare - The Daily Beast: "So why do I damn the chief justice? Because it's all about me, isn't it? I was loaded for bear. I'd already drafted a bitter, bilious, bombastic broadside against the right-wing hacks on the Republican Court. (Oops, my side won, so they're the highly esteemed and completely independent Supreme Court.)"

'via Blog this'

Yep. that's the left's logic.

2 comments:

Brett said...

I'm guessing that was one of many articles sent to the trash.

Ryan said...

It's becoming apparent to me that liberals (and probably too many conservatives) think about the law in terms of results instead of principle. My liberal friends were celebrating the decision without knowing anything about the justification for it. Any justification for upholding the result was good enough.



I would like to know if liberals believe there is any limit on the federal government's power. Does congress have enumerate powers? Is there any law not justified by congresses' commerce clause power provided it doesn't run afoul of an individual right?