Monday, August 30, 2010

Cracks in the Plan

Anarchists are having problems raising money:

Dear Supporters of the Center for a Stateless Society,
I blame myself.

When we launched the month-plus long fundraising drive for combined July and August expenses two weeks ago, I tried to convey that because it was for two months worth of expenses (and that those particular months were ones with growing expenses), it was going to be a challenge.

I was right, but I should have been working harder to explain that, again and again, to you over the past two weeks.

Right now, the ChipIn fundraising meter shows only $489 (from only 8 donors) raised out of our goal of $4522. That’s 10% of our total goal raised with the drive almost 50% over with.

The irony here is that the anarchist plan for national defense in a stateless society is that people will voluntarily giving money to an non-government entity.

No comments: