Thursday, May 16, 2013

Obama is the Ultimate Ad Hominem President « Commentary Magazine

Obama is the Ultimate Ad Hominem President « Commentary Magazine: "My thinking was when we beat them in 2012 that might break the fever, and it’s not quite broken yet. But I am persistent. And I am staying at it. And I genuinely believe there are Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them…

As a consequence we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government. My intentions over the next 3 ½ years are to govern."

'via Blog this'

Again, if your theory of government is (1) government should be doing all these great things but (2) the opposition keeps stopping government from accomplishing them, then the logical conclusion is you don't think that there should be any opposition. In other words, you don't believe in democracy.

No comments: