Monday, May 13, 2013

Soledad O'Brien: 'OK, white person, this is a conversation you clearly are uncomfortable with' | WashingtonExaminer.com

Soledad O'Brien: 'OK, white person, this is a conversation you clearly are uncomfortable with' | WashingtonExaminer.com: ""People would sometimes, when I give speeches, stand up and say, 'You know I think your black America documentaries (are) divisive. I think like, you know, listen, we shouldn't think of ourselves as African-American. We're Americans and everybody should stop separating themselves out," she said in a new video from the Institute of Politics.

Sign Up for the Paul Bedard newsletter!
She continued: "First of all it's only white people who ever said that--if we could just see beyond race. If only people didn't see race, it would be such a better place and you are responsible for bringing up these icky race issues Solidad, you should just let sleeping dogs lie."

O'Brien added: "I was like, again, OK white person, this is a conversation you clearly are uncomfortable with and I have no problem seeing race and I think we should talk about race.""

'via Blog this'

No comments: