Monday, May 27, 2013

#Protip: Behringer Sucks

Years ago I bought a Behringer FCA202 interface for recording. It has always been hard to get the thing to  communicate with my computers, but in the past, after half-an-hour of fidgeting, I could get it to work.

But not this time. A couple of weeks ago, I burned over two hours trying to get the interface to communicate with my computer without success. It was really puzzling, too, as it has worked with this laptop in the past. Well, I finally figured out that when my laptops hard drive was replaced by our office tech guy, he upgraded my copy of Windows to the 64 bit version. But Behringer had not written a 64 bit driver, and has no intention of doing so. So now my FCA202, for which I paid about $100.00, is a useless paperweight.

Lame. Behringer is lame.

No comments: