Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Althouse: "I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes."

Althouse: "I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes.": "Of course, Robertson is getting criticism for these remarks, which are called "anti-gay," but he's rejecting all of what is traditionally understood in the Christian religion as sin, including adultery and fornication. In the process, he talks about his own natural sexual orientation and seems perhaps to concede that it's easy for him to avoid one sin that he knows other people feel drawn toward. But overall, his effort is to call people into traditional religion and to save them from what he believes is sin. Myself, I support gay rights, but I do not like the simple portrayal of traditional religionists as mean or bigoted (even though I do understand that it may be the most effective way to defeat them politically)."

'via Blog this'

No comments: